Top Feelings & Emotions Experienced During Week 1 of the 21 Day Fix
First of all I LOVE 21 day programs. Love them! So easy to focus and stick to it. It is only 21 day. I’ve completed the 21 Day Ultimate Reset a few times with great results so I expected big things from the 21 Day Fix. Especially since the results of the people who completed in the test group lost an average of 10 pounds in the first round. Okay! I’m in. Where do I sign up? I was ready to fit in 2 rounds before we set sail on a cruise. I could perfectly get in 2 rounds back to back and finish day 42 the day we step onto the ship. It is go time!
1) Excitement and anticipation. As soon as I hit the submit order button I secretly hoped that Beachbody started using drones to deliver their packages so I could have mine arrive with an hour or so. Sadly that was not the case. Even the CEO of Beachbody agreed with me.
2) Major excitement. The package arrived. Woo hoo! I’m going to lose 20 pounds as soon as I open this box. I can feel it. No, I did not. I have to actually do some work to lose weight. Shoot! Okay. I’ll read the book and figure this out.
3) Disbelief. These are the containers? Seriously? I swear every picture I was looking at seemed to have giant containers. I guess the camera does add 10 pounds and it makes these containers look ginormous on Instagram and Facebook. Even when I saw someone holding them in their hand they seemed huge. I measured them. The biggest ones are 1 cup and the smallest is about a tablespoon. Okay, not too bad. You mean I’m not supposed to have 1 cup of hummus as a snack?
4) I have to do math? Yes, you must figure out your calorie base for losing weight. When you are ready to stop losing and want to maintain then you must do math again. It is okay. It is easy math so chill.
5) I get how many containers a day and my husband gets how many? Not fair! Why does he get to have more veggies and rice than I do? Of course I want to eat the exact same amount or more than a man 50 pounds heavier than I am. Seems legit. Okay, back to reality. If you want to lose weight and have the correct weight for your frame you have to eat fewer calories and smaller portions. It is math but in a sneaky way.
6) Physics doesn’t apply in my house. What normal people think can fit into a container I can fit twice as much. I would cut green beans down and smash in rice like it was brown sugar. Firmly packed is my middle name. Not really but you catch my drift. I was not going to waste any part of my container with dead air. I was going to fill that sucker with my serving and enjoy it.
7) Can someone else clean my kitchen?
8) I love being able to have wine or chocolate. No guilt.
9) Wow, these workouts are not as easy as I thought they might be. I think I need to follow the modifier. I can’t even tell you how many times my husband said “these work outs are no joke.” He was expecting them to be girly and he was wrong. They are challenging and we are sore.
10) When do we get to have wine? Valentines Day. That sounds perfect. I’ll wait and enjoy it.
11) Only 2 more weeks to go. BOOM!
There is a learning curve to figure out the program but by about day 3 you are comfortable with what you are eating. Meal planning is a must. Just winging it and tracking it later is not going to work. Take the time to figure it out so you stay on track. I lost 4 pounds in 1 week and I feel awesome. Why? Because I followed the program. If it is not in the book then don’t eat it. You can go 3 weeks without your favorite Italian recipe. You can go 3 weeks without hitting the drive through for your favorite sandwich. You can last 3 weeks right? 3 freaking weeks of 52 in a year. Just 3. The workouts are only 30 minutes. You probably spend more than 30 minutes a day searching the Netflix queue for a movie. You can spend 30 minutes working out. You want this workout. You want to be in a challenge group with me and other participants.
Send me a message on facebook or shoot me an email and ask to get in with me. I will hold your hand and help you. It is only 3 weeks. You can do it.
Find me on facebook Join me in a group today!