This year has been an up and down struggle. The struggle with the scale. I’ve been sabotaging myself after every success. I completed a round of the 21 day fix with flying colors. Had great results. Then I went on a cruise and reversed it all. Then I kept beating myself up and starting over and beating myself up and starting over. I would look back at my awesome results and wish I hadn’t stopped.
I have zero problem working out. I love to workout. I love the way working out makes me feel. We all know that you can’t out work a bad diet. I don’t eat terribly. I don’t go through drive thru windows. I don’t sit in my house and at bags of chips or ice cream. I don’t order dessert or fried food at restaurants. The food I do have I just eat too much of it. You can over eat on healthy food too.
My top reasons for being stuck in the sabotage cycle:
– Wine (a few times a week)
– Sitting out by the pool and having beers with the neighbors
– Dining out a few times a week
– Having larger servings than I should
It took me 7 years to graduate from college. I paid my way through most of it by working and student loans. I used to sign up and drop classes and then wonder why I didn’t have my degree. Once I woke up and realized that I wasn’t going to get a degree if I didn’t do the work. My weight loss is the same. I will not reach the results I want until I follow the damn instructions.
So here you have it folks. Day 1 of the 21 day Fix is on. I’m tracking my containers and measuring my portions. I LOVE this program because I know it works. I’ve completed it with awesome results.
Top things I LOVE about the 21 Day Fix and why I think it is great for anyone.
– Easy to read book that explains what each container means (greens = veggies purple = fruit etc.)
– 30 minute workouts that you can modify or step up
– You are never hungry because you get to actually eat food
– The focus on eating whole foods and not processed foods
– Things like chocolate and wine are a part of the program.
I’m putting it out there. I’m on day 1. I love doing this program. I just had to commit and say YES I’m doing it and I’m not going to half way do it. I’m doing it.
If you ever want to join our accountability group head on over to facebook.com/dietelfitness and tell me you want in!